Friday, July 27, 2012

Ombre Manicure with Floral Stamping

I did this manicure earlier this week. I chose 3 of my most beautiful OPI nail polishes and wanted to find a way to use them together and this ended up being the result!


First, I painted an off-white base color, and I used OPI - My Boyfriend Scales Walls (seriously, I love that polish! I need a backup already!). Next I did a gradient using my 3 OPI colors and a makeup wedge. Those 3 colors (from cuticle to tip) are:

  • OPI - Dim Sum Plum (the bottle I'm holding)
  • OPI - No Room for The Blues
  • OPI - Fly
I think I might have sponged on 2 layers of the gradient to make the colors look really bold. After that dried, I used one of my stamping plates (BM16, which I got in a large set through Amazon), to stamp on the daisy pattern. I love how girly and whimsical that plate is! I had to stamp it twice on each nail to fill up my entire nail since the BM plates are so tiny, but I think it turned out great considering it's 2 stamps and not just one.

I can't get over how nicely the colors blended! What do you think?


2 comments:

  1. I love this so much! It's so gorgeous! :) Perfect gradient, and I love this stamp! I'll have to check out this plate!

    By the way I nominated you for the Liebster award on my blog! :) Check it out if you like!

    -Elissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful nail art, as always!
    I've tagged you for the Liebster Award, you can check out the details on my blog here: http://globeandnail.blogspot.ca/2012/08/the-liebster-award.html :)

    ReplyDelete